Nominations Now Open for FCDC Executive Board. Use this page to complete the required form for 2nd Vice Chair
Fayette County Democratic Committee’s Nomination Committee is accepting candidate submissions for Executive Committee 2023-2024 appointments:
In accordance with the Democratic Party of Georgia Bylaws [Article I; § 10], which supersedes Fayette County Democratic Committee Bylaws, an interested party must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member.
If interested in serving as FCDC Vice-Chair, kindly complete the checklist below no later than November 18, 2022.
Time Left to Complete Nomination Form
Please see general duties, qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements below BEFORE filling out the nomination form at the bottom of the page.
Second Vice-Chair Duties:
- Advance the mission, vision, and short-and long-term goals of the Democratic Party, and the Fayette County Democratic Committee (FCDC) in coordination with the Chairperson.
- Serve as a member of the Chairperson’s leadership team.
- The Second Vice-Chair shall preside at meetings of the FCDC in the absence of the Chair and the First Vice Chair.
- The Second Vice-Chair shall be an ex-officio member of the standing and ad-hoc committees.
- In the event of a vacancy in the office of the First Vice-Chair, the Second Vice-Chair shall become Acting First Vice-Chair and shall have the authority and the powers of the First Vice-Chair.
- Serve as an advocate for the FCDC in the community and with local and state leaders.
- Work closely with the other appointed officers in supporting their activities.
- Current dues paying member of FCDC
- Member in good standing of FCDC
- Must be a Post-Seat Holder Committee Member
- Documentation of excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Outstanding listening and strong relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the achievement of FCDC goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change, with a proven track record in the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive teams
- Humility, ability to self-reflect, and a sense of humor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, training, and experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the job successfully
- Leadership talent
- Skills to make timely decisions
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Commitment to the Democratic Party, Fayette County Democratic Party, and supporting Democratic nominees
- Ability to use and interpret data