Nominations Now Open for FCDC Executive Board. Use this page to complete the required form for Treasurer
Fayette County Democratic Committee’s Nomination Committee is accepting candidate submissions for Executive Committee 2023-2024 appointments:
In accordance with the Democratic Party of Georgia Bylaws [Article I; § 10], which supersedes Fayette County Democratic Committee Bylaws, an interested party must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member.
If interested in serving as FCDC Treasurer, kindly complete the checklist below no later than November 18, 2022.
Time Left to Complete Nomination Form
Please see general duties, qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements below BEFORE filling out the nomination form at the bottom of the page.
- Advance the mission, vision, and short-and long-term goals of the Democratic Party, and the Fayette County Democratic Committee (FCDC) in coordination with all Executive Committee.
- Serve as a member of the Chairperson’s leadership team.
- Serve in a Fiduciary capacity for the Fayette County Democratic Committee.
- Adviser to the Chairpersons on financial related matters.
- Maintain records and keep account of donations and disbursements for the committee.
- Work closely with the other appointed officers in supporting their activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair.
Treasurer Qualification Requirements:
- Current dues paying member of FCDC
- Member in good standing of FCDC
- Must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member
- Documentation of excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Outstanding listening and strong relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the achievement of FCDC goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change, with a proven track record in the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive teams
- Humility, ability to self-reflect, and a sense of humor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, training, and experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the job successfully
- Leadership talent
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Commitment to the Democratic Party, the Fayette County Democratic Party, and supporting Democratic nominees
- Ability to execute Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Accounting Practices
- Proficiency in Accounting Software
- Ability to Prepare Financial Statements
- Knowledge of General Business Practices
- Ability to Analyze Data
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Accounting Organizational Skill
- Time Management Skills