Nominations Now Open for FCDC Executive Board. Use this page to complete the required form for Secretary
Fayette County Democratic Committee’s Nomination Committee is accepting candidate submissions for Executive Committee 2023-2024 appointments:
In accordance with the Democratic Party of Georgia Bylaws [Article I; § 10], which supersedes Fayette County Democratic Committee Bylaws, an interested party must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member.
If interested in serving as FCDC Secretary, kindly complete the checklist below no later than November 18, 2022.
Time Left to Complete Nomination Form
Please see general duties, qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements below BEFORE filling out the nomination form at the bottom of the page.
- The Secretary shall keep and distribute all official minutes of all County Party, County Committee and Executive Committee meetings and for presenting those minutes at the succeeding meetings of those respective groups
- The Secretary shall ensure compliance with State Party Charter and Bylaws; compliance and updating of County Bylaws; and with parliamentary procedure in all business conducted by the County Committee.
- Current dues paying member of FCDC
- Member in good standing of FCDC
- Must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, training, and experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learn the basics of Roberts’ Rules of Order
- Familiarity with legal and political documents and writing
- Personal organization and integrity in handling sensitive documents and information
- Interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft software programs
- Commitment to the Democratic Party and its nominees