Nominations Now Open for FCDC Executive Board. Use this page to complete required forms for Chairperson
Fayette County Democratic Committee’s Nomination Committee is accepting candidate submissions for Executive Committee 2023-2024 appointments:
In accordance with the Democratic Party of Georgia Bylaws [Article I; § 10], which supersedes Fayette County Democratic Committee Bylaws, an interested party must be a Post Seat Holder Committee Member.
If interested in serving as FCDC Chair, kindly complete the checklist below no later than November 18, 2022.
Time Left to Complete Nomination Form
Please see general duties, qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements below BEFORE filling out the nomination form at the bottom of the page.
- The Chairperson shall be responsible for implementing the programs and policies of the Democratic Party, and the Fayette County Democratic Committee (FCDC).
- The Chairperson shall advance the mission, vision, and short-and long-term goals of the Democratic Party, and the Fayette County Democratic Committee (FCDC) in coordination with the Executive Committee leadership team.
- The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings establishing their agenda and implementing their decisions.
- Following consultation with the Executive Committee, the Chairperson may establish ad-hoc committees and appoint persons to chair such committees.
- The Chairperson shall be an ex-officio member of all standing and ad-hoc committees.
- Following election, the Chairperson shall have the specific responsibility to formulate a Strategic Plan for that year and through the next election cycle that identifies, recruits, supports and promotes qualified local, county, state and federal Democratic candidates for office, as well as strategies that promote strong fiscal growth and sustainability, and presents that plan for approval to the Executive Committee. The Chairperson will present the approved Strategic Plan to the FCDC membership.
- In the event of a vacancy in the office of the Chair, the First Vice-Chair shall become Acting Chair and shall have the authority and the powers of the Chair.
- Serve as an advocate for the FCDC in the city, county (Fayette, Clayton, Coweta, Spaulding), State, and national elected official community network and build relationships with local, state, and national political leaders.
- Work closely with the other appointed officers (Post Seat Holders, Communication Director, Political Activity Director, Finance Director, Membership Director, etc.) in supporting their activities.
Chair Qualification Requirements:
- Current dues paying member of FCDC
- Member in good standing of FCDC
- Must be a Post-Seat Holder Committee Member
- Documentation of excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Recruit, hire, train, inspire, and hold accountable a robust team of volunteers and staff
- Knowledge of budget development and management principles
- Demonstrated fundraising acumen and expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of public relations, media, social media in advancing the FCDC agenda
- Knowledge in the current trends in election politics
- Outstanding listening and strong relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the achievement of FCDC goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change, with a proven track record in the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive committee
- Humility, ability to self-reflect, and a sense of humor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, training, and experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the job successfully
- Leadership talent
- Skills to make timely decisions
- Skills in the delegation of responsibility and authority
- Create and execute recruitment plans that utilize all members of the Executive Committee
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Skills to work cooperatively with a local board, city and county boards, legislators, community leaders, educators, business leaders, and diverse constituencies
- Commitment to the Democratic Party, Fayette County Democratic Party, in identifying supporting and promoting qualified local, county, state and federal Democratic candidates for office
- Ability to use and interpret data