The Abrams for Governor campaign is building a vision for One Georgia. That means more money in families’ pockets, helping our communities prosper, and giving our children the greatest opportunities to thrive. Abrams for Governor hires motivated, principled candidates who want this not just for Democrats but for every Georgian. We encourage applications from candidates of all background, especially marginalized communities.
Location: This job is located in field offices around Georgia, including within Fayette County
Salary: This position starts at $250/wk
How to Apply: Please apply via this listing. Only candidates deemed qualified by the hiring manager will receive a follow-up conversation: www.staceyabrams.com/communitycaptain
Field offices around Georgia
The Abrams for Governor campaign is building a vision for One Georgia. That means more money in families’ pockets, helping our communities prosper, and giving our children the greatest opportunities to thrive. Abrams for Governor hires motivated, principled candidates who want this not just for Democrats but for every Georgian. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, especially marginalized communities.
This job is located in field offices around Georgia.
Who You Are
- Smart, industrious, charismatic, and outgoing with a team-orientation
- Strong networks and a deep understanding of how to leverage networks to build capacity with other stakeholders.
- Well connected with the events and conversations happening within their local political landscapes
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and ability to work independently
- Ability to learn and receives direction from experienced staff
- Ability to go door-to-door in the summer and fall weather conditions for 4+ hours
- Ability to organize meetings and gatherings with recurring attendance
- Working knowledge of and experience working with MiniVAN preferred
- Possession of a valid driver’s license preferred
- Must have access to a smartphone
What You’ll Do
- Knocking specified doors and conducting scripted conversations with voters
- Participating in briefings, debriefings, and role-play scenarios 3 times a week
- Plan community gatherings to engage low propensity voters
- Accurately and truthfully recording voter feedback and entering data into a smartphone application (MiniVAN)
- Promoting and attending campaign-related events as needed
- Reaching out to strong community-based organizations to engage a vast, and diverse audience.
- Handing out materials to voters and displaying signage in communities
This position starts at $250/wk.
About Employment at AFG
- Abrams for Governor is an equal opportunity employer. Like the vision of Georgia we are working to build, we are committed to a workplace that supports, respects, and inspires every individual. Hiring processes and decisions are applied without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, termination, and more. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including candidates of color, new Americans, women, veterans, disabled people, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
- All Abrams for Governor staff must be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, against COVID-19, barring an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. Proof of vaccination will be required before employment begins.
- All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
How to Apply
- Please apply via this listing. Only candidates deemed qualified by the hiring manager will receive a follow-up conversation: www.staceyabrams.com/communitycaptain
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates who have been identified for an interview will be contacted, and we are unable to respond to all emails. We encourage you to apply for our General Interest job posting to be considered for future and ongoing opportunities. Thank you!